job description - Accounts Officer
- This position will support the Accountant to carryout prompt recording, analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial transactions for decision making and in compliance with relevant Legislation.
- This role is responsible for vouching of all transactions, bank reconciliation and petty cash management
Accounts Maintenance and Vouching:
- Raise vouchers for transactions and posts financial data to the appropriate accounts in the automated accounting system not later than 24hours.
- Ensure that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
- Bank Reconciliation and Statement Audit.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts not later than 7th monthly.
- Audit bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
- Report all noted inconsistencies to supervisory manager timely.
- Maintain and accurately track all accounting documentation.
- Maintain accounting records and audit evidence by making copies and filing documents.
Petty Cash Administration:
- Administer Petty Cash disbursement and reconciles all retirements within 48hours.
- Raise cash call to replenish petty cash and maintain liquidity.
- Assist in implementing of internal control systems.
- Effect payment to vendors for services rendered after obtaining the necessary approvals and documentary evidence.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 1st Degree in Accounting, Economics or other Business Field
- Professional Accreditation (e.g. ACA,) is an advantage but not required
- 1 - 2 years’ experience as an Accounting Officer/Trainee Accountant within a reputable and structured business environment (e.g. a Bank, Oil &Gas or Manufacturing Company etc.)
About the company
We are a foremost Marine Logistics company that desire to redefine marine logistics standard.