job description - Accounting Associate, Finance
- To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking an Accounting Associate to manage key financial processes and operations, including revenue, global payments, bank reconciliations, month and year close processes, and supporting our grants making function.
- This position requires someone who is good at managing stake holder relationships and is detail oriented.
- The 9-member Finance team, with its staff members currently based in India, Kenya, Belgium, and the United States enables the ~$50M, multi-entity, multi-currency financial operations of Teach For All. The team operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, striving for both strong controls and effective, efficient support towards Teach For All’s mission.
- You will report to the Director, Accounting ; however, you will also work closely with other members of the Finance team, including the Senior Director, Subgrants and Contracts.
As the Accounting Associate at Teach For All, you will engage in the following and/or similar activities:
30% - Accounts Receivable Management:
- Generate invoices to donors and working closely with the fundraising team to collect the required back-up documentation
- Draft AR invoices in financial system, and other AR processes including reconciliation of revenue across different systems
- Liase with the fundraising team to follow up on outstanding payments
25% - Accounts Payable and Vendor management:
- Manage AP processes including vendor setup and global payments
- Liase with payment providers and bank to troubleshoot and resolve payment issues
- Assit with invoice reviews
20% - Month/year close processes:
- Draft journal entries for intercompany transfers, bank fees, interest etc.
- Reconcile cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger in a timely manner
- Assist with balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Draft allocation and reclassifying journal entries for the different entities as maybe required
15% - Grantmaking Function support:
- Submit invoices for grants to network partners and reconcile payment details across systems
- Process foreign currency grants and reconcile ForEx impact.
- Support the subgrant liquidation and reconciliation process across systems
10% - Other Projects:
- Assist with Audit Preparation
- Assist with Tax Filing
- Other ad hoc projects
As the Ideal Candidate, you will Bring
- 1-3 years of accounting experience and a working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Experience with cloud-based software (ERP systems, expense/invoice software, Salesforce/CRM platforms, payment platforms) is a plus
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Excel skills required, comfort with Excel shortcuts and ability to operate quickly in Excel is a significant plus.
- Experience in a global financial environment is a plus (specifically multi-currency and/or multi-entity management)
- Non Profit accounting experience is a plus but not required
- Audit experience is a plus but not required
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission:
- Reflects a sense of possibility in mindset and vision
- Believes in the value of being locally rooted and globally informed
- Drives toward constant learning and improvement
- Convinced of the necessity of diversity and inclusiveness in our work
- Believes in the interdependence between us and our partners in solving this global problem
Additional Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with diverse individuals
- Exceptional team and collaboration skills.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Our Learning & Insights. Teach For All is a learning network, developing knowledge and insights from classrooms and communities around the world.