job description - Accountant (ACA / ACCA Certified)
- Our client is in need of an Accountant that will be responsible for preparing the financial statements, reports and other related financial activities.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements
- Examine and analyze the company's accounts
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting and other standard accounting procedures.
- Ensure that proper documentation is in place
- Review current practices and processes to ensure that they can support the business and are in line with statutory requirements
- Ensure statutory remittances, including VAT, WHT, pension, business premises fees, development fees for staff, and PAYE are collated and payment is made to statutory agencies based on scheduled timelines.
- Prepare pay slips for all employees based on schedule and emails accordingly
- Work with CEO on pricing new company products
- Process payments to vendors
- Perform any other task assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in accounting from an accredited institution.
- ICAN or ACCA certified with not less than 3 years experience in the field of accounting
- Proficient in the use of accounting software and MS office
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proven knowledge of management accounting and tax laws
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
About the company